St. Louis Art Museum  » Travel  »
1 Fine Arts Drive, St. Louis, Missouri
  • I do know what is pretty to me, and do not really care who the artist is as long as I like it
  • What is amazing is there is absolutly no cover charge to get in
  • Not only is there painting, there are cultural displays, different kinds of art and potterey from around the world, historical pieces, glass art, and even a huge collection of furniture are, which we all found interesting
  • I love and am somewhat a collector of Asian Vases, just because I think they are pretty
  • My husband really enjoyed minself and wanted to stay longer, but after about an hour ad a half out toddler could no longer be contained and we had to make our exit

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

On our way to Illinois to visit friends and relatives we always stop and site see in St. Louis, Mo. On one of our trips this past summer we went to the St. Louis Art Museum.

I am not what you would call an art buff my any means. I do know what is pretty to me, and do not really care who the artist is as long as I like it. I did enjoy the trip to the Art Museum in St.

Louis. What is amazing is there is absolutly no cover charge to

get in. According to my husband, who is an art buff, this is one of the finer art museums around and some of the art work and paintings here are worth thousands of dollars just because of who painted them.

The ST. Louis Art Museum is huge and has a large variety of art. Not only is there painting, there are cultural displays, different kinds of art and potterey from around the world, historical pieces, glass art, and even a huge collection of furniture are, which we all found interesting.

My favorite display was the ...

• Asian. I love and am somewhat a collector of Asian Vases, just because I think they are pretty. I would have loved to have some of the vases at the museum.

Unless I win the lotterey, this will never happen. Overall, our visit to the St. Louis Art Museum was a wonderful experience.

My husband really enjoyed minself and wanted to stay longer, but after about an hour ad a half out toddler could no longer be contained and we had to make our exit. Driving up to the museum itself was a treat. We

kind of felt like we were going to a castle.

The building is huge and has a castle like top. The driveway going up to the museum is surrounded by beautifully pruned bushes. The museum sets in Forest Park with trees all around, just really pretty.

My husband really wants to go back when we don’t have a toddler with us. He could spend hours at the museum, and even I feel like an hour and a half did not do the museum justice. We will go back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3822021001880928/k2311a0222/2.22.10