Healthy Choice Café Steamers Chicken Margherita  » Food  »
  • I tried one of their Café Steamers products, Cajun Chicken & Shrimp, and had a positive experience
  • I got it because it sounded light and I like balsamic vinegar
  • Overall, I think Healthy Choice did a good job in creating Chicken Margherita
  • I will complain about the amount of chicken but the quality is pretty good for the price I paid

• by carblover

I tried one of their Café Steamers products, Cajun Chicken & Shrimp, and had a positive experience. But I was curious to see how this steaming process would work with pasta. The Chicken Margherita has angel hair pasta with grilled chicken and tomatoes in a balsamic vinaigrette sauce. I got it because it sounded light and I like balsamic vinegar. Also

the calorie count was pretty low ( a little over 300).

I liked the sauce, which had just the right amount of acid and flavor. It lack slightly in depth because the sauce was so light. The chicken had grill marks on and it was moist with a slight smoky flavor. The amount of chicken was small though – about three pieces.

• There were chopped tomatoes but because the sauce was tangy, the tomatoes didn’t contribute much flavor. The pasta was not the best; it was al dente. It broke apart easily when I tried to twirl it around my fork. I generally prefer “meatier” pasta like rotini or farfelle so I may be biased about the pasta quality.

Overall, I think Healthy Choice did

a good job in creating Chicken Margherita. The sauce had good flavor, the chicken was moist, and the dish was light but filling. I will complain about the amount of chicken but the quality is pretty good for the price I paid. For those of you looking for a light meal and love angel hair pasta, this is the frozen entrée for you.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2722021001500828/k2311a0222/2.22.10