Inheritance E-mail Scam  » Scam  »

• by akmprvn
      I want to warn anyone who is to come across this in their emails to prevent being a victim of this scam. On two separate occassions and e-mail accounts, I received an e-mail from an attorney from South Africa stating that I had a relative (it will have the last name of your relative) that died in a car accident. The attorney stated

that there were many attempts to contact me and any other relatives to claim our inheritance of x amount of million dollars. It almost seemed believable to me, except for the the fact that I have no relatives in South Africa, since all of my relatives live in the US, Holland, South America along with a few in Aruba and Curacao. I later read ...

• online that the e-mail I read and deleted was indeed a phishing type of scam, because the e-mail asks for your information so that you can be contacted, which is a load of crock and asks for payment and account information before receiving your share of the inheritance which is also baloney, since you do not need to give out personal or account information
        to receive your inheritance! Just like other e-mail scams, DO NOT open e-mails that do not look familiar to you, or that look strange, and if it has re: whatever subject appears, especially stating that you won something, that’s also a scam. Common sense and educating yourself on scams and fraud are how you can keep yourself from being a victim of e-mail scams.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 602610100151231/k2311a1026/10.26.06