Healthy Choice Café Steamers Balsamic Garlic Chicken
  • So far, I’ve enjoyed most of their Café Steamers and looked forward to tasting this one
  • I think if there was rosemary in the sauce, which is used in Mediterranean cooking, it would have created a better flavor profile

• by carblover

I’ve tried a lot of the Café Steamers but this is the first Mediterranean Café Steamer I purchased. I’ve tried Healthy Choice’s Mediterranean Pasta from their All Natural line and wasn’t too happy with it. But this steamer had a lot of components I liked, such as chicken, broccoli and cremini

mushrooms. I also like balsamic vinegar because it brightens up any dish it’s added to. So far, I’ve enjoyed most of their Café Steamers and looked forward to tasting this one.

Like the other Café Steamers, the chicken in this one was moist and tender. The broccoli was just right – light cooked and still crunchy. I loved how the floret part of the broccoli held the balsamic sauce. The sliced cremini mushrooms were good, although I wouldn’t have been able to tell it was cremini unless it was mentioned on the box. The balsamic sauce was flavorful but I ...

• Healthy Choice Café Steamers Balsamic Garlic Chicken
      personally would’ve liked it better if it had more balsamic vinegar or a little more salt. The sauce was veering on the bland side and it lacked herbs. I think if there was rosemary in the sauce, which is used in Mediterranean cooking, it would have created a better flavor profile.

Overall,

everything was cooked nicely and the chicken, although few in number, was tender. The pasta was firm, and not at all mushy. The sauce could use an improvement. I think it would’ve taste better with some herbs. I also think if the pasta was replaced with chickpeas, it would have taste more Mediterranean.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2722021001470828/k2311a0222/2.22.10