Healthy Choice Lobster Cheese Ravioli  » Food  »
  • Healthy Choice really has to work at fixing this because that was a problem with the Pumpkin Squash Ravioli and the Potstickers
  • I know what it tastes like, having roasted garlic myself in the oven, and I didn’t taste it in this entrée
  • I was too disgruntled about the lobster because of the cost of the product

• by carblover

I was interested in trying this entrée because I had never seen a dish with lobster that was affordable. For a pasta cheese dish, it was surprising low in calories (under 300) and low in fat as well. From the picture on the box, the ravioli looked nicely paired with two different kinds of zucchini and a fresh-looking sauce. There was no way I was leaving the frozen foods

aisle with this product in my hand.

I could smell the Parmesan cheese as it was cooking in the microwave. I was satisfied with what I got – yellow and green zucchini slices, a somewhat creamy-looking tomato sauce, and five decently-sized ravioli. The ravioli was tasty but I didn’t taste much lobster which was a disappointment. It was creamy from the ricotta but a bit bland. I really couldn’t tell if there was lobster in there at all. There were fibers of some seafood but it lack lobster flavor. I was more pleased with the vegetable because it wasn’t mushy and it really tasted garden-fresh. The sauce had some depth (you don’t taste the vodka, thank goodness) and there was a “je ne sait quoi” quality about it.

Another not-so-good thing was that the pasta was a little gummy; ...

• Healthy Choice Lobster Cheese Ravioli
      Healthy Choice really has to work at fixing this because that was a problem with the Pumpkin Squash Ravioli and the Potstickers. Also, it said on the box that there was roasted garlic but I didn’t taste it. I know what it tastes like, having roasted garlic myself in the oven, and I didn’t taste it in this entrée. Of course, as I’ve mentioned before, the lobster part of
      the Lobster Cheese Ravioli was missing.

Overall, I was satisfied with the dish. I was too disgruntled about the lobster because of the cost of the product. I would’ve been surprised if there were discernible chunks of lobster. I liked the sauce and the vegetables were cooked to my liking. I was really happy that this entrée was under 300 calories and I felt sufficiently nourished to go on about my day.

Healthy Choice Lobster Cheese Ravioli

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2722021001410828/k2311a0222/2.22.10