Cypress Valley Canopy Tours  » Travel  »
Spicewood, Texas
  • My ten year old daughter had no problem passing her ground school test
  • The feeling is amazing and the area is beautiful
  • They make sure you have proper hand and feet position and will instruct you on the best way to make your �landing

• by randomreviewer
      Located just outside of Austin, Texas is a new adventure just waiting for those with a love of the outdoors. This summer, our family was able to embark upon this tree top adventure. Cypress Valley Canopy Tours is a zip line adventure for folks ages ten and above. We were very excited about our venture, and yet, I was very nervous as well. When we arrived we were greeted by the staff and had some paper work to fill out.

There is a bathroom available in the form of a port-a-potty. Once we were checked in, our guides helped us get equipped for our tour. We were given helmets and our gloves along with the ropes and belt that would secure us to the lines. We were given general instructions and then led by our guides to �ground school�.

The ground school entailed going over a few

basic rules and having these demonstrated on a low hanging zip line so that we were clear on what was expected during our trip. Everyone must pass a ground school ‘test’ of sorts before being able to take to the zip lines. You must be able to pull yourself from the middle of the zip line back to the starting point in order to pass this test. It isn�t too hard and the guides show you exactly how to do it.

My ten year old daughter had no problem passing her ground school test. Before beginning our tour, the guides also clipped my camera to me so that I would be able to take pictures during our tour. We then proceeded to the starting point, at which time I became very anxious. The guides were very kind and understanding about the anxiety I felt, and yet were very ...

• encouraging and supportive in getting me to go ahead with my first zip.

The feeling is amazing and the area is beautiful. You are flying through the cypress trees, but the sights go by too quickly, especially if you close your eyes! The guides tell you after your turn any ways to improve so that on your next zip line you will be able to enjoy it a little more and stay as safe as possible. They make sure you have proper hand and feet position and will instruct you on the best way to make your �landing. � The guides are area college students and are experienced in zip-lining.

They were also surprisingly knowledgeable in the flora and fauna of the area. We were shown many different plants and trees and our guide shared many anecdotes and facts about each one. We were able to see an armadillo,

a rock squirrel, and very lucky to see a pair of grey foxes. There is a swimming area along with a picnic spot.

There is one zip line for swinging into the water. Swimming is contingent on the water level of lake. One added feature to this adventure is the availability of a tree house lodge. There is a tree house room located among the tree tops for rent.

The lodging runs $200 per night. This seems to be the perfect adventure for any outdoor lover. Not only is the individual tour offered, the staff at Cypress Valley also offers a Canopy Challenge and group events. The Canopy Challenge is for those desiring a greater challenge and who possess greater physical stamina.

The group events can be arranged for corporate and teambuilding events, community organizations or other large groups. You can find more information by contacting Cypress Valley Canopy Tours at http://www. cypressvalleycanopytours. com/ or calling 512-264-8880.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382610100141231/k2311a1026/10.26.06