Big 5 Sporting Goods - North Tucson  » Shopping  »
3860 West Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85741
  • My hubby loves his Camel-Bak that he bought there, and I love that he got it on sale
  • I like to check out the shoe sales Big 5 often runs, as my husband goes through boots every six months due to work
  • Once I found an employee, they were quite willing to walk me across the store and help me find the item I was looking for
  • I really like the clearance section when I'm shopping for clothes at Big 5, because the specialty gear can be expensive, and I don't like to spend a lot
  • I will continue to shop there, and recommend this location in particular

• by Jenn

My family and I really enjoy shopping at this Big 5 location. My husband takes my son fishing all the time, and they love browsing for new fishing poles, lures, and other tackle at this store. The store often runs really good deals on hiking boots and backpacks, too. My hubby loves his Camel-Bak that he bought there, and I love that he got it on sale!

I like to check out the shoe sales Big 5 often runs, as my husband goes through boots every six months due to work. Boots aren’t cheap, and I appreciate a good deal. Sometimes Big 5 has his $60 boots as much as

50% off, and the sneakers he likes are even cheaper.

The staff is pretty helpful, though I had to look around a bit to find anyone on a recent trip. Once I found an employee, they were quite willing to walk me across the store and help me find the item I was looking for. I appreciated this, but don’t really like playing hide and seek with store staff!

I like that this store is female-friendly, and I don’t feel out of place browsing the knives, hunting supplies or camping equipment. I also like this Big 5’s selection of ladies’ outdoors-type clothing. Big 5 often runs specials on moisture-wicking clothing and ...

• all kinds of outdoors accessories. The heavy-duty hiking socks they have are really cushiony and keep my feet dry.

I really like the clearance section when I’m shopping for clothes at Big 5, because the specialty gear can be expensive, and I don’t like to spend a lot. My boys usually blow the Big 5 budget with their fishing gear!

I like shopping for gifts at Big 5, too. The store is very well organized, and I can find something for everyone on my list easily. Cheap things like carabeeners, keychains and small knives make great gifts for my husband or brother-in-law.

My son loves the exercise equipment, and he

tries to sit on the weight lifting stuff every time we go! And he loves to pick out a special item just for him every time we go (usually fishing supplies!).

The only thing my husband didn’t like last time we went is the store still didnt have its gun license yet, so it couldn’t sell firearms for hunting yet. But the store is brand new, and I’m sure they will get it soon!

Overall, Big 5 Sporting Goods is a great place to get all the gear you need for hiking, fishing, camping, hunting and just enjoying the outdoors! I will continue to shop there, and recommend this location in particular!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2422021001390828/k2311a0222/2.22.10