Mountainview Post Office - Tucson, AZ  » General services  »
7959 N Thornydale Rd., Tucson, AZ, 85741
  • I am fairly satisfied with the attitude of the staff and customer service I experience at the Mountainview branch, as the staff actually talk to me like a human being
  • I don't think I have ever gotten out of this post office in less than a half hour if I needed to actually go to the counter to mail or buy something
  • In my opinion, there should be someone available at the post office to answer quick questions, and speed up the line by eliminating those without an actual transaction to make

• by Jenn

My mail is processed at the Mountainview branch of the US Post Office in Tucson. I also use this post office on a regular basis to ship packages, buy postage and use my PO Box. I am fairly satisfied with the attitude of the staff and customer service I experience at the Mountainview branch, as the staff actually talk to me like a human being.

The one thing I really dread about visiting the post office is the long line. I don’t think I have ever gotten

out of this post office in less than a half hour if I needed to actually go to the counter to mail or buy something. I also don’t like that you can call on the phone and get a question answered right away, but if you happen to be nearby and drop in in person to ask the same question, you have to wait on that long, long line.

In my opinion, there should be someone available at the post office to answer quick questions, and speed up ...

• the line by eliminating those without an actual transaction to make.

This post office has an automated postage vending machine, but it is also the package shipping machine. This means if all you need is a book of stamps, and there are three people in front of you with packages, you will be waiting a good 10 minutes to get those stamps. There used to be two machines: the package shipping machine, and an actual vending machine for postage. But they combined them in the name of efficiency!

Yay! (Not.)

I rent the smallest PO Box available, and it costs me $22 for six months at this branch. In downtown Tucson, I have seen the rates as high as $30 for six months. Funny that there should be a difference in price just across town!

Overall, I am generally satisfied with my mail delivery at home, as well as the service I get when I visit the Mountainview Post Office branch. I do wish the lines were shorter and that the place ran more efficiently, especially around the holidays, though!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2522021001360828/k2311a0222/2.22.10