HP Basic Laptop Carrying Case  » Laptops  »
  • When I bought my HP Notebook laptop, I knew I needed a good, sturdy case to keep it safe when I travel
  • On my first trip with the new bag, I noticed that padded strap still digs in and becomes quite uncomfortable after any length of time
  • I think the padded part (which you can slide up and down the strap to adjust where you want it) needs to be longer and thicker, though
  • One thing I love about this bag is it meets the security clearance at the airports I've been to so far
  • I prefer to use the carry handles than the strap if I'm not carrying a lot of oother stuff

• by Jenn

When I bought my HP Notebook laptop, I knew I needed a good, sturdy case to keep it safe when I travel. I bought my computer at Best Buy, but didn’t like the prices on computer bags. So I headed to Walmart, and found an HP laptop case that would fit my computer for around $20.

The HP bag I picked had a comfortable, padded shoulder strap which I knew would come in handy when I’m lugging suitcases and such through airports. I shouldn’t have gotten so excited! On my first trip with the new bag, I

noticed that “padded” strap still digs in and becomes quite uncomfortable after any length of time. Still, It’s better than the strap by itself. I think the padded part (which you can slide up and down the strap to adjust where you want it) needs to be longer and thicker, though.

One thing I love about this bag is it meets the security clearance at the airports I’ve been to so far. This means I don’t have to remove my computer when it goes through the scanner, and it saves a lot of time and hassle, plus keep ...

• my computer protected. The laptop has to be the only thing inside the man compartment, though.

There are also little grippy “feet” on the bottom of the bag. Not little nubs, but rather several rubber grooves on each end that help it have some grip if you lean it up against somethig on linoleum or another smooth floor. But the case really doesn’t stand up by itself with or without the computer inside.

The larger zipper pocket on the front of my HP laptop bag is large enough to store paperwork, magazines or a notebook, while the smaller pocket

is suitable for storing the carry strap when not in use or maybe the charger (though my charger is a bit bulky).

I prefer to use the carry handles than the strap if I’m not carrying a lot of oother stuff. The handles have more cushion to them and its just more comfortable to haul my laptop around by hand.

Overall, I feel I got my money’s worth for this bag, and like using it. It’s a simple, black and grey laptop bag with a strap and several pockets; that is all I was really looking for, so I can’t complain!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6322021001280828/k2311a0222/2.22.10