Jack Furrier’s Western Tire & Auto Care - South Tucson  » Cars  »
51 E. Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ, 85706
  • But, I needed my car to at least get me from point A to point B, so I decided I'd have to get it towed to a shop
  • I would go back to this Jack Furrier's again for any auto repairs I might need, and highly recommend the shop

• by Jenn

When my car’s serpentine belt snapped and my car wouldn’t drive properly a few months back, I didn’t know what to do. My car is such a hunk of junk, I didn’t want to sink any more money into it. But, I needed my car to at least get me from point A to point B, so I decided I’d have to get it towed to a shop. But where could I go that I wouldn’t get ripped off?

My aunt has a friend down at the Jack Furrier’s Western Tire & Auto in South Tucson. When I told her what happened, she told me I should use him. She called him, and told me to get the car

towed there. I had the car towed down there the next day. From there, Johnnie (the technician) called me directly to explain my options.

Johnnie said he wouldn’t charge me for looking at the car, but that there were roughly $1,500 in repairs that my car needed. I told him that truthfully, I didn’t think I’d be fixing much of anything. I asked what needed to be done just to get the car operational, and he said he could replace the serpentine belt for around $60 and that should fix me up temporarily. I agreed, and I was told I could come get my car later that day.

My aunt drove me down to the shop, which was located just ...

• past the I-10 and I-19 split, and a mile off of I-19 on Valencia. My car was ready and waiting for me in one of the mechanic’s bays when I arrived, just as promised. The work areas all looked as neat and orderly as is to be expected, and there were certificates hanging on the wall denoting various training and compliance merits. I already felt confident my car had been repaired by quality technicians.

I walked into the small front office, paid my bill with the cashier, and thanked Johnnie for seeing me on such short notice. Since then, I haven’t had any problems with the serpentine belt. What had been a huge crisis the day before had

been fixed for just $60! I was so happy. My car still needed work, but at least it was running!

I trust the crew at Jack Furrier’s Western Tire & Auto because they gave me the straight deal on what was wrong with my car, fixed what was absolutely necessary, and didn’t try and convince me to fix anything I couldn’t afford.

I appreciate not only the quality auto repair, but their caring customer service. I really appreciated that they recognized my financial situation, and didn’t push further repairs.

I would go back to this Jack Furrier’s again for any auto repairs I might need, and highly recommend the shop! I just wish they were closer to my house.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 922021001230828/k2311a0222/2.22.10