Lemon and Anchovy Vinaigrette Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • Sometimes the taste of olive gives me a sour taste and often too the smell of anchovies seems so salty

• by dimples15

According to Wikipedia, “vinaigrette” is a mixture of salad oil and vinegar. Often flavored with herbs and spices and other ingredients. This is commonly used in salad dressing. I had to search online the meaning of it after I read this recipe in Kris Aquino’s magazine. I find this

vinaigrette exotic because of anchovy. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 can anchovies, packed in oil

1 1/2 cups lemon juice

1 tbsp lemon zest

2 cloves garlic

2 1/2 cups olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:

Blend the anchovies with the lemon juice and garlic. Blend until well mixed. Slowly drizzle ...

• in the olive oil until dressing becomes thick. Add the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper before serving.

If you find the vinaigrette still bland or too salty if the anchovy you chose is salty, add 2 tbsp lemon juice to neutralize the flavor.

I find

this vinaigrette not really tasty. Honestly, it feels like fish sauce to me. Sometimes the taste of olive gives me a sour taste and often too the smell of anchovies seems so salty. That is why I have to increase lemon juice insertions after the emulsion is well mixed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4921021001020828/k2311a0221/2.21.10