L’Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara
  • I couldn't turn up a good deal like that, so I decided I had found my new brand of mascara
  • What I really want is a mascara that both lengthens and thickens my lashes, but I haven't found one I like yet

• by Jenn

Mascara is a make-up staple for me. If there is time for nothing else, I don’t leave the house without a dash of blush across my cheeks and a bit of mascara on my lashes. After my last mascara ran out, I saw a two-pack of L’Oreal Voluminous (black) on sale for the price of one. I couldn’t turn up a good deal like that, so I decided I had found my new brand of mascara! At least for that shopping

trip; the rest would be up to the mascara. Would is clump up? Make my eyelashes look like spider legs? Or would I fall in love?

Well, I won’t say I’m in love, but I didn’t get the whole “spider leg” effect. The clumps aren’t too bad, either! Those two facts alone show promise for this mascara. I also liked that a product that has the word “volume” in its name actually produced extra volume in my lashes! I won’t say the ...

• effects are earth-shattering, and honestly, I feel the mascara lacks a bit in the length department. But it does come through on the volume without getting too mucky.

Waterproof is a matter of opinion, I suppose, although to be fair, I often wear eyeliner with this mascara as well, and I suppose that could what I see streak a bit sometimes. Either way, this mascara does tend to flake those little tiny dots of black onto your cheeks if you touch your eyes.

This only really happens once the mascara has been on for many hours and is totally dried up.

The wand is a standard design, but nice and fluffy and full, not wispy and spindly like some of the lengthening mascaras. What I really want is a mascara that both lengthens and thickens my lashes, but I haven’t found one I like yet. For now, I am fairly satisfied with the L’Oreal Voluminous, which is good because I still have another full tube to use up!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121021000900828/k2311a0221/2.21.10