Sunsilk Daring Volume Spray-On Mousse
  • I love Sunsilk products, but they cost at least $2-4 in the regular stores, depending on the specific item
  • So when I saw them at such a discount, I decided to pick up some conditioner, and also try a new mousse
  • I have to be careful not to use too much, or the problem is exacerbated
  • Now, if I use just a tiny amount, and avoid my roots, I do notice a bit of the control and volume I was hoping for

• by Jenn

I was really excited to see Sunsilk products being sold at my local dollar store. I love Sunsilk products, but they cost at least $2-4 in the regular stores, depending on the specific item. So when I saw them at such a discount, I decided to pick up some conditioner, and also try a new mousse. The Sunsilk Daring Volume Spray-On Mousse said it would “turn up the volume” on my hair. I was

intrigued!

I have rather mousy, limp hair at times, and very poofy, frizzy hair at other times. It never seems to just behave. So I was hoping this product could tame my fly-aways while giving my tresses some style and hold. After trying it several times, I can attest that this spray-on mousse from Sunsilk does about the same job as most mousse products I have tried. While it does provide some hold, it leaves my hair feeling ...

• a bit dry and sort of sticky. It also didn’t add much volume.

I have to be careful not to use too much, or the problem is exacerbated. No one wants sticky, matted hair when they are looking for big, full volume! Now, if I use just a tiny amount, and avoid my roots, I do notice a bit of the control and volume I was hoping for. But it is so easy to overdo it!

I also

don’t like how sticky it leaves my hands, but then, I usually have to wash up after applying any hair product. But in general, the stickier on my hands, the stickier in my hair, and that rings true with this mousse.

I don’t hate it, but I definately don’t love it. For a dollar though, it was worth trying out! I will still use this Sunsilk product once in a while, but it isn’t part of my every day routine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121021000850828/k2311a0221/2.21.10