L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • At first, I was impressed with the applicator tip
  • I’m not sure what the problem was but I think it’s the flaw in the brush design
  • Overall, this product was a terrible experience

• by carblover

When I saw the commercial with a well-known latina celebrity promoting this Telescopic explosion Mascara that gives your lashes the “explosive look”, I was curious. I’m always interested in new mascara products because my lashes are on the skimpy side, and I’m constantly looking for ways to make them fuller. I had to admit that this product produced wonderful results in the celebrity; maybe it can do the same for me. After using this mascara, let me just say, “I’ve been duped.” I have used mascara products with less hype that produced better results.

At first, I was impressed with the applicator tip. It was shaped

like a ball with rubber brush spikes sticking out of it; I have never seen an applicator tip like that before. Aside from that, everything went downhill. When I applied the mascara to my lashes, the clumping began. Every time I put that brush to my lashes, it was just one clump after another; the more I brushed my lashes, the worse it got. I tried wiping the applicator on the sides of tube to control the amount of mascara on the brush, but that didn’t work. Finally, I had to slightly wipe the excess off the brush with tissue, but by doing that, I ...

• was wasting mascara and my money. I ended up with clumpy, thorn-like lashes that more mascara than hair.

I’m not sure what the problem was but I think it’s the flaw in the brush design. The rubber spikes were not capable of coating my lashes evenly. I don’t know if it’s because there wasn’t enough spikes or the fact that it’s made of rubber, but it did a terrible job. I spent more time trying to get the excess off rather than applying the mascara on. Putting on mascara should not be this much work! Also, this is probably one of the few eyelash products

out in the market that isn’t water-proof. I discovered that on a snowy day when my boyfriend commented on the dark circles under my eyes.

One positive thing about this product is that it lengthened my lashes pretty well. But that didn’t matter because I was too distracted by my spidery lashes. Overall, this product was a terrible experience. Maybe it works better on someone with thicker lashes, but it was a waste of time and money for me. I don’t know how that celebrity in the commercial got her lashes to look like that but it couldn’t have been from using this product.

L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121021000640728/k2311a0221/2.21.10