Olay Definity Correcting Protective Lotion with SPF 15  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • What I do know is that I wasn’t very impressed with the product
  • I haven’t noticed any positive changes in my skin tone, except the occurrence of blotchiness seems to have increased since I started using this lotion

• by carblover

Olay has a good reputation for putting out quality products that work at an affordable price. I have been satisfied with their products in the past and was eager to try some of their other ones. When I say this sunscreen lotion with correcting properties, I was intrigued with what it could do for me. I had heard some good things about their Definity products and decided to try this daily lotion.

The consistency was a little thick and felt a bit greasy. As according to their directions, I applied the lotion to my face and neck. It took a

little longer to absorb into the skin than some of their other lotions and it left behind a slightly sticky residue and a heavy fragrance that smelled faintly of glue. This residue was also on my hands and I didn’t feel comfortable until I rinsed it off. The sticky feeling seemed to disappear a bit with time but it left a feeling of heaviness – it felt like my pores were being clogged. It also left a shine on certain prominences of my face, like my forehead and cheeks; for me, this is a big no-no. As part of my ...

• customary routine, I tried to cover the shine with some powder or foundation. That compounded the heaviness feeling and made my makeup look a little cakey.

At the end of the day, my complexion looked ruddy and my skin looked greasier in some areas. I don’t know if that’s because my pores were clogged or the UV protection wasn’t enough. What I do know is that I wasn’t very impressed with the product. My skin didn’t feel protected; it felt suppressed and suffocated. I’ve had more satisfactory results with Olay’s All Day Moisturizer.

This product claims to have “correcting” properties.

After using it for a couple of weeks, I don’t know exactly what it corrects. I haven’t noticed any positive changes in my skin tone, except the occurrence of blotchiness seems to have increased since I started using this lotion. My skin didn’t feel moisturized; it almost felt like it was stimulating the secretion of natural oils.

Overall, I wasn’t happy with the results that this lotion produced. My skin felt heavy and clogged, and I didn’t care too much for the fragrance either. I’ve already discontinued my use of this product and have switched back to my original moisturizer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121021000620728/k2311a0221/2.21.10