Museum Of Transportation St. Louis, Mo  » Travel  »
3015 Barret Station Road, St. Louis, Mo.
  • I wasn't quite sure if I would really get much out of it or if my two girls would find it interesting, but he does all the things we always want to do, so we went
  • The best part was the big steam enging named Big Boy
  • Overall, I enjoyed myself at least four dollars worth and my husband says he would have paid more

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

We go through St. Louis, Mo. at least once a year on our way to visit friends and relatives in Illinois. On one such trip we happened into the Museum of Transprotation, a place my husband had been wanting to check out for a while.

I wasn’t quite sure if I would really get much out of it or if my two girls would find it interesting, but he does all the things we always want to do, so we went. The admission to the Museum was only four dollars

each for my husband, myself, and preteen. My toddler was free.

My husband was happy as soon as we stepped into the first building. There were old locomotives everywhere. My kids and I enjoyed ourselves as well.

We got to go into several of the passenger, as well as freight trains. The best part was the big steam enging named Big Boy. It is supposed to be the biggest steam train ever built.

We got to go in the cab part of this one as well. What was really neat is that all the controls were labeled to show exactly what they did. My three year old was really excited about the trains, I guess she get’s that from her dad.

There is a separate building with all kinds of old and restored automobiles as well. My husband was quite happy about this as well. Outside there was a big old airplane and a huge old steam boat.

The steamboat was great, and we found that they have kiddie rides on the off season when they are not so busy.

• Museum Of Transportation St. Louis, Mo
      Unfortunatly, we were not there at the right time. If it is up to my husband we will be going back, maybe we can get there when they have the kiddie rides going the next time.

Overall, I enjoyed myself at least four dollars worth and my husband says he would have paid more. If you are a train and auto lover like my husband this is the place to go. I was really happy to see the girls both had a good time as well.

Even though I am

not a big train or old automobile enthusiast, I too am glad we visited the Museum of Transportaion, I now have a lot more apprectiation of what it took to operate and maintain those big old locomotives. I have always found cabooses really fasinating and I got to see several of these and most were red just like in all the childrens books. This is deffentely worth the four dollars admission, and to train lovers like my husband much more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3821021000510728/k2311a0221/2.21.10