Signature Classic 3.2 Quart Deep Fryer  » Housewares  »
  • I was really excited to try it out as I love fried foods, but want some control over the types of oil used, and to ensure the food is drained of the oil properly after frying
  • However, I have to say it is probably the best little appliance I've ever had
  • The fitted cover has vents, although I don't think it is a good idea to fry with the lid on
  • I like the fry basket it comes with because the basket can hook right onto the fryer to drain the grease off before moving food to drain on paper towels

• by Jenn

I received my Signature Classic 3.2 Quart Deep Fryer as a Christmas present last year. I was really excited to try it out as I love fried foods, but want some control over the types of oil used, and to ensure the food is drained of the oil properly after frying.

There were no instructions in the box, but the item itself is pretty self-explanatory. I took it out of the box and set it up for the first time in about five minutes. Simply fill the deep fryer with oil, plug the unit into a standard electrical outlet and then set the

dial to the temperature you need your oil to reach before adding your dood. The little light goes off when the oil is hot enough, and then you can proceed with your frying. I love how easy it is! I never thought deep frying could be easy, but this machine really helps.

I was skeptical about how the fryer would perform when my husband told me he got it at Walgreens and only paid around $30 for it. However, I have to say it is probably the best little appliance I’ve ever had! It is so simple to use, and works exactly ...

• as expected.

The fitted cover has vents, although I don’t think it is a good idea to fry with the lid on. I usually just leave the lid on for it to preheat faster and to cover oil I intend to use again.

I like the fry basket it comes with because the basket can hook right onto the fryer to drain the grease off before moving food to drain on paper towels. I hate soggy fried food, and this two-step draining really helps food stay crispy. But for crispy food, themost important thing is proper oil temperature, and this device really makes

sure my oil is as hot as I need it.

I like how small of a foot print this deep fryer leaves on my counter, roughly one foot by half a foot, and its rectangular shape helps it tuck neatly in to corners. The only thing I don’t really like is cleaning the darn thing, though that would be the case with any fryer! It’s just a messy job. And I suppose a full 4 quart oil basin would be better. Other than that, after a full year of use, I can honestly say I love everything about my Signature Classic Deep Fryer!

Daisy McCrary says :

re : I was really excited to try it out as I love fried foods, but want some control over the types of oil used, and to ensure the food is drained of the oil properly after frying
    I received a Signature Classic 3.2 Deep Fryer, but the instructions do not tell me what temperature is for chicken, fish, french-fries, etc., or how much oil. Or what level you are suppose to put the oil.

Galega says :

The temperature for properly frying chicken will be 165 Degrees Celsius. You need to maintain this temperature and keep a look on the chicken piece. Lower down as soon as you see that chicken has roasted properly. The required temperature will be lower for fish because of obvious reason. It will be around 120 Degrees Celsius. As far as oil is concerned, that depends on your choice and the type of oil you are using.

Juniot says :

Where can I purchase a replacement cord.or do the same an universal one.

Galega says :

You can purchase the replacement cord from any store selling Signature Deep Fryer. As you might have noticed, there is no need to wait for replacement cord of Signature. You can definitely use a compatible universal cord. That will work perfectly, if your new cord is of good quality.

Dianna Olson says :

I have the Signature Classic 3.2 Quart Deep Fryer, however I have missplaced the power cord to it and would like to know where I can get another one.

Galega says :

There isn’t as such any issue with the power cord. You can use any compatible cord from market. Just ensure to get a good quality cord. You can also visit Signature shop and see if power cord is available there.

Galega says :

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321021000310728/k2311a0221/2.21.10