Healthy Choice Portabella Spinach Parmesan  » Food  »
1.5
  • I was interested in trying this Healthy Choice Pasta entrée because I love the combination of mushroom and spinach

• by carblover

I was interested in trying this Healthy Choice Pasta entrée because I love the combination of mushroom and spinach. It would have been better if it was broccoli, but you pick and choose from the choices you’ve been given. Also, this entrée was under 300 calories, had a lot of fiber, low in sugar, and had adequate amounts of protein. The picture on the box was persuasive, too –

a multi-grain pasta with succulent mushroom and spinach all covered with glistening sauce.

The picture duped me. It was bland and flavorless. There were slices of mushroom but not enough of it. If I were to gather all the mushroom pieces together in one pile, it wouldn’t add up to one mushroom. As for the spinach, I expected to see whole leaves of spinach here and there but what ...

• I got was minced spinach that didn’t taste like spinach. I tasted a nuttiness that I discerned as parmesan but didn’t see any grated cheese; if it was parmesan, the flavor was not very pronounced. The sauce was the worst component – it tasted like nothing. It was watery and completely void of flavor. The pasta was mushy and crumbly; this is a clear indication that pasta entrées
        should not be put into the microwave.

Even if this entrée was healthy for you, the lack of flavor is a total turn-off. Sure, it’s high in fiber and low in calories. But I was so dissatisfied that I was rummaging through the refrigerator for something else to eat. If you like bland food, then this is the frozen meal for you. I will be eating something else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721021000110628/k2311a0221/2.21.10