Denny’s T-Bone Steak & Shrimp  » Food  »
1.5
  • Now twenty years later, my sister and I decided to go to Denny’s to relive the fond memories

• by carblover

When I was a kid, my family had a much-anticipated weekend tradition. On Saturday, after a full day of house-cleaning and chores, my parents took their children to Denny’s Restaurant for a late dinner. After sharing a platter of nachos as an appetizer, I always ordered the Steak & Shrimp dinner with French fries. I remember being very satisfied with this plate and wished I got a little more of everything. Now twenty years later, my

sister and I decided to go to Denny’s to relive the fond memories.

I ordered the T-bone Steak & Shrimp with French fries and coleslaw – I couldn’t wait. But I was met with disappointments. First of all, the steak was tough and not the medium-rare I requested. It had not been seasoned with salt so I was forced to use steak sauce. The quality of the meat was terrible; there was too much gristle and fat.

• The shrimp were so small and had been fried to a rubbery texture. It seemed as if the body meat was as long as the tail. The coleslaw was a wilted mess and had no tang or creaminess; it was sitting in some watery solution that acted more like brine than a dressing. The only satisfactory component was the French fries, but who can mess that up? All they had to do was toss it
        in the fryer.

Sadly, either my opinions have changed or the quality of Denny’s has considerably decreased. There were not a lot of positive things to say about their Steak & Shrimp dish. I was hoping to walk down memory lane and enjoy this dish as I remembered 20 years ago. I was appalled at the lack of quality of almost every component of this meal. I will not be returning to Denny’s for their surf and turf menu.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721021000090628/k2311a0221/2.21.10