Doritos Tacos at Midnight Chips  » Food  »
  • This was an experience that simulated an entire entrée in one chip

• by carblover

Imagine walking into a taco shop late at night. You will smell the beef cooking, corn tortillas, fresh cut lettuce and salsa along with the ubiquitous spices that is unparallel from Mexican cooking. That is the sensation I experienced when I opened the bag of Doritos bag. I was surprised at how well they were able to capture the essence of the taco into the spices.

When I took a bite of a chip, I was reminded of my trip down to Mexico and my purchase of an authentic taco from a street vendor. I tasted the combination of beef, cheese and salsa. This was not just a packet of taco seasoning on a corn chip. This was an experience that simulated an entire entrée in one chip.

I really must ...

• applaud the Doritos Company by managing to compress all these spices into a chip, basically creating a flavor profile that hasn’t been done before. Usually when a company produces a new product, it is basically an amalgamation of spices that are already out on the market but with a new name. However, this flavor of Doritos lived up to its name. I tasted the sour cream,
        the lettuce, the tomato – it tricked my brain into thinking that I was eating a taco.

As usual, the chip itself was crunchy and had a natural corn flavor to supplement the great spices of a taco. It didn’t need any salsa or cheese to create a better snacking experience. It complemented my sandwich and I encourage Doritos to create more flavor profiles as this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721021000080628/k2311a0221/2.21.10