Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal  » Food  »
  • It doesn’t contain any hydrogenated oils and is just as delicious, at least to my adult palate
  • The only problem I have is that it is low in protein

• by carblover

One of my favorite cereals growing up was Captain Crunch. Somehow the sweet, yellow pillows of corn goodness satisfied my cravings for sugar, even though it was abrasive to the roof of my mouth. I could not stop stuffing my mouth with this cereal. However, the ingredients are not anything to be touted. It includes color dye, partially hydrogenated oils, and other un-pronounceable ingredients that should not be in

a food, especially one that is targeted towards children. Now, 20 years later and more aware of my health, I turned to Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal as an alternative for my sugar cravings.

In appearance, Kashi looks identical to Captain Crunch. But the ingredients only include pronounceable ingredients that make it healthy and sustainable, like corn, honey, and seven grains. It doesn’t contain any hydrogenated oils and is just ...

• as delicious, at least to my adult palate. It remains crunchy in milk and it has six grams of well-needed fiber and is low in sugar as are most Kashi cereals. I carry it around as a snack, because to me, it tastes just like Corn Pops without the sugary coating.

The only problem I have is that it is low in protein. Therefore, I usually mix it with

Kashi GoLean if I’m eating it for breakfast. This combination keeps me energized until lunch. There’s no sugar spike and I find my kids are not hyperactive when consuming this cereal. Sometimes I make rice krispy treats with this cereal in place of using the puffed rice cereal. The only problem is that it is more expensive than other cereals so I usually buy it when it is on sale.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721021000070628/k2311a0221/2.21.10