Boca Spicy Chicken Patties  » Food  »
  • Somehow the combination of spicy breading around the chicken produced a delicious sandwich without the need to add extra condiments
  • I found the answer in the Boca Chicken Patties
  • I think it is a perfect alternative for someone wanting fast food but is concerned about fat and saturated fat
  • I whole-heartedly recommend this product as the best chicken substitute for people wanting flavor and health

• by carblover

Before I became vegetarian, one of my favorite foods was the chicken sandwich at McDonald’s. Somehow the combination of spicy breading around the chicken produced a delicious sandwich without the need to add extra condiments. Once I gave up meat, I felt myself craving something to replicate that sandwich. I found the answer in the Boca Chicken Patties.

Similar to real chicken patties, the Boca chicken patty is covered with a spicy breading and infused with a hot flavor,

even in the faux chicken itself. The texture is very similar to real chicken in that when you bite into it you can feel the actual fibers. It is well-flavored and the breading is crunchy when toasted lightly in the oven. I placed it in the toaster over for approximately 5 minutes at 450 degrees and placed it in between a burger bun with a piece of lettuce and mustard. I was amazed at the spiciness of the breading ...

• and the ability to taste like the McDonald’s chicken sandwich of my youth.

The nutritional facts are something to be heralded. It is low in fat compared to real chicken patties because it isn’t fried and even has some fibers for the health-conscious. I think it is a perfect alternative for someone wanting fast food but is concerned about fat and saturated fat. It is my favorite product of the Boca family because it reminds me mostly of fast

food. I also cut it up into strips and dip it in BBQ sauce to substitute for chicken nuggets. Paired with French fries, I wasn’t able to tell that this patty has only 6 grams of fat as compared to the 20 to 30 grams in the fast food variety. I whole-heartedly recommend this product as the best chicken substitute for people wanting flavor and health. It is so well-spiced that you don’t need to add unnecessary fatty condiments.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721021000060628/k2311a0221/2.21.10