Healthy Choice Pumpkin Squash Ravioli  » Food  »
1.5
  • When Wal-Mart had them on sale, I bought almost all of them, including the Pumpkin Squash Ravioli
  • The side dish to these raviolis was chunks of butternut squash and apples, which I thought was a terrible choice to pair with these already-sweet raviolis
  • I think that it would have paired better with some low-fat pork tenderloin
  • Overall, I suggest you don’t spend money on this entrée
  • If you’ve previously had good squash raviolis, prepared to be disappointed with the Healthy Choice rendition

• by carblover

I was interested in trying some frozen entrees from the All Natural Entrees line that Healthy Choice has newly-created. When Wal-Mart had them on sale, I bought almost all of them, including the Pumpkin Squash Ravioli. I’ve never had ravioli stuffed with something other than cheese or meat and was curious as to how the Pumpkin Squash ravioli would taste. It was low in calories, fat, and salt, which added further incentive to try it.

I

must say I was very disappointed. The ravioli tasted like it was stuffed with canned pumpkin filling, and it had this strange spice that almost annoying. The pasta tasted kind of pasty and mushy. It was also supposed to be topped with a butter-sage sauce but I didn’t taste the butter or sage. There was a visible sauce but I couldn’t taste it because the spice in the pumpkin filling overpowered everything. The side ...

• dish to these raviolis was chunks of butternut squash and apples, which I thought was a terrible choice to pair with these already-sweet raviolis. The whole meal taste like a dessert gone horribly wrong.

I didn’t care too much for the ravioli but the squash and apple side dish was sweet and cooked nicely. The apples still had a slight crunch and paired well with the butternut squash. It was also supposed to have asparagus but

I didn’t see too much of this vegetable. Although it tasted good, it did not pair well with the ravioli. I think that it would have paired better with some low-fat pork tenderloin.

Overall, I suggest you don’t spend money on this entrée. If you’ve previously had good squash raviolis, prepared to be disappointed with the Healthy Choice rendition. I’ve never had squash raviolis before, and I still was unable to give this dish the benefit of the doubt.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721021000040628/k2311a0221/2.21.10