Hatric-3 Medicine for cough, cold and fever

• by bookworm

Aristo Hatric-3 suspension is a medicine for treating cough, cold and fever. This medicine is a combination of paracetamol, pseudoephedrine HCL and Chlorpheniramine maleate suspension.

It is a 60 ml bottle.

My children’s pediatrician had prescribed this medicine for my son, when he had a bout of fever and cough.

I would give my son 5 ml of this medicine thrice a dayfor his treatment as per his doctor’s advice.

The very first time when this medicine was prescribed my son had a fever of 101 degrees C and the medicine was effective in curing him.

When his doctor suggested the same medicine for a high fever of 103 degrees C, then it was not effective and the fever did not come down.

I have ...

• come to the conclusion that this medicine cures mild fever and not very high fever.

The first time it is used, it is effective, but during subsequent times the medicine does not have the same effect and does not cure the fever.

My son went through agony for a number of days and he got well only after his doctor gave him another

medicine.

Overdose of this medicine can cause liver problems and this medicine is to be given only on the prescription of a doctor.

I am not very happy with this medicine as I have seen its ineffectiveness with my son.

Hatric-3 also makes my children drowsy and they tend to sleep a lot on taking the medicine.

They lose their appetite and become listless and irritated.

Kunal Agarwal says :

I am 26 years old man, I am suffering from cold since past 3 months my nose is continiously running some times the cough is like water and sometimes its thick as jelly , i have used different medicines over the time prescribed by three different doctors, medicines work till i use it but the problem persists once i complete the drug course, however I feel relief when I used Hatric-3 by Aristo, I take one tablet at bedtime to sleep properly without it cough coming from my nose does not let me sleep. The doctor who recommended Hatric-3 to me prescribed 3 tablets however I consumed about 3.5 strips 35 tablets but the problem persists. Please let me know whether prolonged usage of Hatric-3 would have any adverse effect on my health and which is the best medicine I can use at this time.

highlight
dr mohd shahid says :

hi u may suffer from DNS…kindly consult ENT surgeon…

bookworm replies :

Hatric3 is good to treat cough and cold, but any medicine taken for too long a time can cause serious side effects like liver damage or damage to other vital organ. I use Sinarest and Mucolite, under the doctor`s guidance when the cough and cold get persistent. Since these medicines are for kids, so they`re in the form of a syrup. Please check with your doctor and get a 2nd opinion if your problem persists as it is dangerous to take medicines without the doctor`s prescription.

highlight
  • To Buy or Not to Buy
  • - not good ;

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342308447001131/k2311a0823/8.23.08